VerticalScope Inc. – Privacy Statement
What this Privacy Statement Covers
- This privacy statement covers VerticalScope’s treatment of personally identifiable information collected by VerticalScope through a website owned and operated by VerticalScope.
- This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that VerticalScope does not own or control, or of persons that VerticalScope does not employ or manage, including any third-party content contributors bound by contract and any third-party websites to which VerticalScope’s websites link.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the websites of VerticalScope without revealing any personal information. However, VerticalScope needs certain personal information if you wish to register for a members account, receive a VerticalScope newsletter, or use certain VerticalScope services.
- Where required, this information may include your company contact information and your personal contact information. VerticalScope will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to set up your members account, to provide you with requested services, and to contact you regarding new services.
- By accessing the services of VerticalScope and voluntarily providing us with the requested personal information, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- VerticalScope automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. VerticalScope may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, VerticalScope does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- VerticalScope also allows third party companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and VerticalScope assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
- VerticalScope may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of VerticalScope to provide services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- VerticalScope may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of VerticalScope; or
If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any personal information to VerticalScope. If you have provided personal information to VerticalScope and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please contact us.
How to Access your Personal Information
- VerticalScope gives you the ability to edit your VerticalScope Account Information and preferences at any time.
- You are also able to request deletion of your VerticalScope account at any time.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your VerticalScope Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, VerticalScope uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, VerticalScope retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- Should you believe your personal safety is threatened or that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the local, state/provincial or federal law enforcement agencies directly.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
VerticalScope may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this statement from time to time. Please review this statement periodically. Your continued use of VerticalScope websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about this privacy statement, or your own personal information, please contact us.